Monday, June 16, 2008

Showing off the Porch

I promised Brenda some photos of the back yard and the new porch, and here are a few. I got side tracked during the photo shoot, and well, left out many of my favorite parts. I will fill in the blanks later, but for now, here are some good ones:

How bout those teak chairs? A little teak oil and they really shine!

Front porch - we will be ripping out all those mismatched stones, etc, and laying concrete for a proper driveway and walkway very soon. The very last step will be sod in the front. We are going to imprint the concrete, too. It will be very nice when it is done.
I am trying to be a proper Southern Girl and in doings so recognize that I must have Gardinias. Without them, well, what is the point? I now have three.

This was my idea - the spigot on the porch. How bout that wonderful hose holder?

Ahhhhh - here is when the photo shoot took a turn to wildlife. Below is one of the two parrots that now feed daily at my feeder. This doesn't seem to show how large they are or their amazing blue under feathers. They are extremely loud and Champagne doesn't like them one bit.

And here we see lizards doing it like they do on the Discovery Channel. Procreation right on my porch steps. A wonderful thing.
I will post more photos - there really is a lot more to see, but the parrots and the lizards diverted my attention, and then I got hungry, and then I had to water the plants, and you know how it goes....

3 comments:

Greenmare said...

and then you went to sew?
your porch looks fabulous already and I so want to come visit!!!
I love the hose holder, brilliant!

Roni Hunt said...

I will be bringing my suitcase and moving in shortly!!!! Do your neighbors realize the value you bring to their neighborhood!! I love arts and craft!! ...and sewing!

Heather said...

Susan, I had no idea !! Love your home, even in the middle of renovations it looks so inviting and warm ...... just the place to be creative in.
Love it, love it, love it !