Monday, March 10, 2008

Interesting Elements

John came up with this great sky light - it looks great, especially in the 13 foot ceilings. Instead of being like a straight column, he made it faceted.

Then we were faced with a master bath with no windows and John came up with an idea to solve that problem. He had the carpenters put in an entire row of windows, placing them between each stud. They don't open and are like transom windows. They look fabulous and really let in some good light.
Here was my contribution to the renovations. A spigot on the porch. Isn't it brilliant? Then I don't have to drag a hose from the front of the house to water my plants on the porch, or to hose off tiny feet after a day at the beach. I am thinking of submitting the plan to Architectural Digest. I bet I would win an award for sure. Pure brilliance.
As soon as the clumsy carpenters are gone I will get a nice big, heavy, ceramic pot to place the coiled hose in when not in use. For now it will just have to be in the $4.00 Home Depot special.

No comments: